Splash

by Steve on March 22, 2009

Yesterday was a bright, warm, sunny spring day. As the temperature climbed toward 70 in the afternoon I found myself hoping that the towers for my roof rack would show up with the mail. They didn’t. Since I had the hard top off the Jeep to drill it for the rails I decided to strap the canoe straight to the roll cage and head to Oak Mountain State Park. Just couldn’t stand not taking advantage of such a beautiful day.

100_1600web.jpg

100_1593web.jpg

100_1591web.jpg

**UPDATE**

I sense some doubt in the peanut gallery. To those who think I would baby this canoe, not actually put it to work I offer the following proof:

evidence.jpg

And finally:

joker.jpg

There now, that should take care of any doubts you may have.

{ 10 comments }

Richard Wahler March 22, 2009 at 9:46

You got it ‘wet’? That’s all? Where’s a pic of you paddling away?

Steve March 22, 2009 at 10:29

It was a quick last-minute trip. Solo paddler, photographer, and mule. More to come!

Kath March 23, 2009 at 2:43

That’s what I was going to say — you could have taken it of “back at the shoreline”. Geez, I think this was a trick. Hmmmm.

Richard Wahler March 23, 2009 at 20:10

Yeah. Maybe like the alleged moon landing! Did he really get out on the water? No water in the boat. No moisture on the (apparently) unused paddle.

Richard Wahler March 23, 2009 at 23:33

Aw right. Doesn’t look Photoshopped to me. Summer’s coming–we be seeing much more, I’m sure. : )

Kath March 24, 2009 at 11:00

I don’t really (REALLY) think you would go to all the trouble to fake it, but that last picture looks a little photoshopped to me. Just sayin’. I’m going to ask Pinch and see what he thinks.

John Carmichael March 25, 2009 at 12:25

Hey! Congrats on the launch of the SS Woodshed! Great photos too… who’s the photographer?

Love the one over the bow on the lake and the water fall too.

-JC

Pinch March 26, 2009 at 9:21

Definitely photoshopped….1) sure doesn’t look like any Alabama *I* know and 2) some residual pixels from the other pic is still around his left leg/calf.

Still, tres cool! I want one!

Steve March 26, 2009 at 15:53

I was already being accused of “photoshopping” so I figured I might as well take a quick trip out to Colorado on the cheap. If I’m going to fake it I’m darn sure going to make it worthwhile (keep it “G” Pinch).

JC, with the obvious exceptions I took most of the photos. Split between my Canon 10D and a little Powershot SD450.

Accepting deposits for #2. Or come get #1 before I get too attached!

Kath March 26, 2009 at 17:58

Ha! I knew Pinch could tell for sure.

(And besides, you named it joker. )

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post: